Message from our president, Dr. Steven Paulson March 20, 2020
March 20, 2020
The public health concerns around COVID-19 (coronavirus) are continuing to evolve. At Texas Oncology, our priority is to provide needed care, while protecting the safety of our patients and our staff.
Please be assured that our practice is open, administering treatment to patients, with additional screening and other safety precautions in place. Our goal is to limit exposure risk by only allowing people inside our locations who are essential to our operations – primarily patients, one caregiver, and our clinical and support staff. In these clearly unprecedented times, changes to our operations include:
- Limiting patients to one caregiver or guest for all appointments. We ask that you leave all children at home at this time.
- Patients may be greeted at the front door by Texas Oncology staff who will conduct screening by asking patients and their visitor a brief series of questions.
- COVID-19 tests are not conducted at Texas Oncology clinics. If needed, our staff will direct you to the nearest testing site. Find a testing location near you.
- Non-urgent appointments will be rescheduled. Patients will be contacted directly by Texas Oncology staff to reschedule, if necessary.
- Texas Oncology is expanding its telemedicine program to offer virtual appointments in more areas. Ask your local clinic if your appointment is appropriate for telemedicine.
Texas Oncology’s COVID-19 Task Force is continually monitoring, evaluating, and updating our response, following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other healthcare agencies. We are taking every precaution to protect the health and well-being of our patients and staff.
Thank you for entrusting us with your care. Please visit our COVID-19 overview page for more information about Texas Oncology’s response.
R. Steven Paulson, M.D.
President and Chairman of the Board