About the Center
Texas Center for Proton Therapy brings an advanced life-saving cancer treatment to North Texas that offers more hope to cancer patients. The 63,000-square-foot center can treat more than 100 patients per day between three treatment rooms. It is the first stand-alone LEED-Certified proton therapy center in the U.S. The center’s central location is convenient for those in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and provides easy access to airports for patients traveling longer distances.
We are dedicated to current and future cancer survivors and bring advanced, latest-generation proton therapy to North Texas. Texas Center for Proton Therapy has the capacity to treat approximately 100 patients per day.
Texas Center for Proton Therapy by the Numbers: 13 school buses weight of cyclotron (220 tons); 4.5 Olympic-sized swimming pools equivalent amount of concrete needed to build the center; 12ft thickness of walls surrounding cyclotron; 3 stories height of gantry; 3 millimeters width of proton radiation beam; 1 number of proton therapy centers in Texas offering newest, advanced technology.
Texas Center for Proton Therapy features:
- Pencil-beam scanning for intensity modulated proton therapy and cone beam CT imaging – designed to treat tumors with pinpoint precision
- Advanced PET/CT and 3-Tesla MRI scanning technology
- Telemedicine consultations
- An on-site lab provides comprehensive, timely, and convenient lab work.
- Access to clinical trials
- Focused therapeutic activities for patients, families, and caregivers
- A full range of patient support services to assist with the logistics of care and travel
- A children’s activities room/learning center
- Wellness, patient activities, and nutrition programs
- Access from major highways with abundant free parking
- Integrated with Texas Oncology locations throughout the state
- A 1,100-square-foot community room featuring a seven-foot “HOPE Wall” filled with hand-written messages of encouragement and support
- A healing garden
Texas Center for Proton Therapy is the first stand-alone LEED-Certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) proton therapy center in the U.S. The center diverts more than 75 percent of its waste from landfills and implemented a recycling program.
The center is a collaboration of Texas Oncology, The US Oncology Network, supported by McKesson Specialty Health, and Baylor Scott & White Health. The advanced treatment facility provides services through Texas Oncology, an independent oncology practice based in Dallas with locations throughout Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Texas Oncology is affiliated with The US Oncology Network, which includes privately held community-based oncology practices across the country.
Download Fast Facts Fact Sheet