Texas Center for Proton Therapy offers an advanced form of radiation called proton therapy. Proton therapy offers sub-millimeter precision to target cancerous cells while minimizing damage to healthy tissue, thereby reducing the chance of side effects and helping to maintain your quality of life. You can request an appointment for a proton therapy consultation without having to see a doctor first, and without a referral.
What is Proton Therapy
Proton therapy is an ultra-precise form of radiation, aimed at destroying cancerous cells. Proton therapy minimizes damage to surrounding healthy tissue, while reducing or oftentimes eliminating side effects. The use of proton therapy allows patients to maintain their quality of life both during and after treatment. Learn more about what proton therapy is.
How Does Proton Therapy Work
A large machine called a cyclotron accelerates hydrogen atoms to nearly the speed of light and extracts protons, sending them down a pathway known as a beamline. The beamline delivers protons to another machine called a gantry. The gantry distributes the protons in each treatment room according to the patient’s individual treatment plan that is formulated specifically for them by our team of experts. Learn more about the technology and how proton therapy works.
Cancers Treated by Proton Therapy
Proton therapy can treat many different types of cancer. Many factors, such as overall health and stage of cancer, are taken into consideration. Your cancer is specific to you. Proton therapy may not be right for every case. We will evaluate your specific clinical situation to find the best option for you. Learn more about which cancers are treated by proton therapy.
Texas Center for Proton Therapy offers step-by-step support to our patients and their caregivers throughout their journey. From our media lounge, to our children’s play area, to our advanced equipment, learn more about what we have to offer as we take you on a brief tour of our 63,000-square-foot facility.
Learn how proton therapy differs from traditional radiation and why it may be a viable cancer treatment option for you or a loved one.
How to Make an Appointment for Yourself or a Loved One–Without a Referral
You can make an appointment for proton therapy without having to see a doctor first and without a referral. Some insurance policies may require a primary care physician referral.
- Request an appointment: Call 469-513-5500 or request an appointment online.
- Talk to our Team: Our patient intake team will follow up on your phone or website inquiry to gather information, such as:
- Patient information
- Insurance information
- Patient authorization, if you are inquiring for a spouse or dependent
- Primary care physician information
- Understand your insurance: We accept most major insurances and have financial counselors to help navigate your coverage. Find a full list of insurance plans covered.
- Request medical records: We’ll gladly request records from your doctor for you. Download the medical records form and complete and fax to 469-420-9619.
- Check your mail: Our team will mail you a new patient packet after we collect your information.
- Schedule your appointment: We’ll call you to schedule a consultation after we have all applicable information and we’ll let you know about any scans or images you may need to send us or bring with you.