Cancers Treated by Proton Therapy
Proton therapy can treat many different cancers. Many factors, such as overall health and stage of cancer, are taken into consideration. Your cancer is specific to you. Proton therapy may not be right for every case. For those cancers where it is effective, we will evaluate your specific clinical situation to find the best option.
Benefits of Proton Therapy
- High-energy, precisely-targeted proton beams can deliver high doses of radiation to destroy cancerous cells, reducing recurrence rates for many cancer cases.
- Proton therapy is non-invasive and may reduce side effects.
- Patients treated with proton therapy may have increased tolerance for chemotherapy.
- Patients can maintain their current quality of life during and after treatment.
- It is sometimes used effectively to treat areas that have already been treated with radiation.